Interested in becoming a contestant in this year's Mr. Tennessee Scholarship Competition?
Contestant Eligibility and Requirements:
Eligibility is as follows:
- High School graduate or equivalent by December 31st prior to competition
- Resident of Tennessee for 1 year during the reign as Mr. Tennessee
- No younger than 18 at the time of the competition
- No older than 27 by October of current reign as Mr. Tennessee
- U.S. Citizen
- Male, Never been married
- Registered student at a college or university, employed full time or a combination of both Student and employed
- Submit Online Application (Application is available after online registration)
The competition will be judged on following categories:
On Stage Interviews
~Maximum of 30 Points awarded
The Contestant will be judged on articulation, elocution, content, presentation, and projection during delivery of the topic given by host.
~Maximum of 10 Points awarded
The contestant should wear swim trunks that demonstrate his own personal style. The contestant will be judged on appearance, style, and ease of manner.
Talent Competition (3 minutes)
~Maximum of 25 Points awarded
Contestants will be required to display the talent of his choice. The delivery should not exceed 3 minutes. The contestant will be judged on confidence, originality, delivery, and costume.
~Maximum of 15 Points awarded
The contestant will demonstrate ease of manner in this segment. Each contestant should wear tuxedo that demonstrates his own personal style. The contestant will be judged on appearance, style, and ease of manner.
Question & Answer
~Maximum of 20 Points awarded
This is the question and answers segment. Each contestant will be asked an on-the-spot question and will be judged on articulation, deportment, and how well he answers the question with confidence, and ease.
*The winner of the Mr. Tennessee title will be awarded a Scholarship Check and Official Crown & Sash.